Friday, February 17, 2012

Have you ever been hit over the head?



Have you ever received news or had an "aha" moment when you felt like you were hit over the head?

I know, you probably thought I meant literally and that can work as well.  What I am getting at though is that feeling that overwhelms you at certain news, or the "aha" moment that makes you feel dumb for not having thought of it sooner.

For today's blog I am referring to moments dealing with ones health.  For me it was being told that my inability to lose weight, horrible PMS, anti depressant drugs were all due to a hormonal imbalance and I would need to be put on more drugs.  No thank you!!

Have you had a health moment like that?  Been diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder, depression, inability to lose weight, IBS, low bone density, diabetes, etc.  and realizing at that moment that something somewhere has gone terribly wrong?

Well you are not alone and the numbers in society keep increasing.  I am a firm believer that what you eat is what you will be and feel.  I am also a HUGE believer that food is our best medicine.  My daughter is proof of this, as well as myself.

My "aha" moment was realizing this is what I was trained to do
and I had all the tools right in front of me to help myself. Ever heard of the expression, "the cobblers kids have no shoes"?  That would be me.

  Modern medicine is not about curing the disease, it is all about treating the disease.  A big difference.  A prescription to something will be what you walk out of the doctors office with.  It will work to treat the problem, but it will not cure the root of the problem.

In terms of weight loss, you will hear that all you have to do is not eat complex carbs, cut out sugar and eat more veggies.  This is all true and you will lose weight. Hooray!  However, if you are dealing with any of the issues listed above, it will take more than diet to cure the internal damage that has occurred eating the Standard American Diet.

Your next move is taking steps to "healing the gut".  This will look different for everyone.  Remember my last post about bio-indviduality?  No two people are the same.

Working with my clients, I put together a healing protocol designed for them that will get them looking and feeling great but hopefully living my website tag line.  "Making Healthy the New Normal!"

If any of this resonates with you and you are wondering what to do next,  visit with your doctor and/or health and wellness coach. They can help you determine the best course of action for you in terms of healing.

If you would like to schedule a free health consultation follow the steps here and be on your way to better health.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                                  Green Smoothie Workshops
Sat. Feb. 25th at 10 am
Wed. Feb 29th at 10 am
$10 a person

Come join us and learn the difference between juicing and blending.  Go home with a boat load of recipes for yourself and your children.  Learn the benefits about each ingredient used and tips on how else to cook with them.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
After months of waiting, I have finally been able to acquire the business name to match my website name.  I am excited to unveil my new business logo and name and hope you will join me in a little "hoorah".








3 comments:

Sandra said...

Test

Lori B. said...

Love your blog Sandra! I have been enjoying reading it...I have lost 27 pounds since Jan 2011 myself by following similar nutrition plans...working on educating my kids now!

Sandra said...

Thanks Lori, I appreciate the kind words.

Good for you on making the positive change and seeing the results first hand. Getting our kids on board is the hardest part but I am doing it with baby steps.